The tour participants numbered 21; 15 choristers and 6 adults. The choir traveled in a Beaver Bus Lines coach, which included a galley kitchen. This was a great help in being able to provide the children with snacks enroute.
We stopped overnight in Superior, Wisconsin and included a tour of the Great Lakes Aquarium. Throughout the tour, the choristers were given many opportunities for sight-seeing including:
- Great Lakes Aquarium
- Hiawatha Statue
- Music House Museum, Acme Michigan
- Mackinak Island:
Carriage Ride Tour of the Island
Butterfly House (Wings of Mackinac)
- Swimming and gathering Petoskey Stones in Lake Michigan
- Shopping, shopping, shopping
Other participants in the Festival were:
- Artistic Youth Ambassadors of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with traditional and contemporary dances from Central and West Africa, who also led us in a wonderful drum circle.
- Dancers without Borders, from local Little Traverse Bay, Michigan.
- Mariachi Los Rebeldes from Phoenix, Arizona, performing Mexican music.
- Sol Art Center from Hanoi, Vietnam brought singers and dancers performing in traditional Vietnamese style.
- Little Traverse Bay Youth Choir, aged 10 – 18
- Winnipeg Children’s Choir, aged 8 – 16
It was a wonderful experience for all.